ISMS’ 2023 Legislative Priorities Boil Down to This: Thriving Doctors Means Excellent Care for Patients
December 9, 2022The goal of ISMS is to cultivate, support and retain a world-class physician workforce! Outstanding and flourishing physicians in Illinois help to ensure its citizens have access to high-quality and timely healthcare.
We believe this can be accomplished by focusing our legislative agenda on these five key points:
- Ensure that health insurance companies support rather than obstruct patient access to care.
- Reject proposed legislative and regulatory mandates that create hurdles for physicians who want to practice in Illinois.
- Preserve the role of physicians as leaders of the healthcare team.
- Reform the Medicaid program to support increased physician participation and expand access to a broader range of physician specialists.
- Develop, support and promote programs that make practicing medicine in Illinois a desirable option for medical school graduates and physicians completing residency programs.
For more details on these priorities, view ISMS' Agenda to Support Illinois Physicians and Patients.
Questions? Please contact ISMS Senior Vice President of State Legislative Affairs Erin O'Brien by email.