The ISMS Legislative Action Hub tracks legislative issues important to the physician community and keeps physicians informed about the latest events in Springfield.
Access to the political and legislative process begins here.
ISMS has earned the respect of local and national politicians by building relationships on both sides of the aisle to improve healthcare in Illinois. Through ISMS, members participate directly in bringing the views of the medical community to policymakers.
ISMS’ 2023 legislative priorities are listed below. Click the boxes at the bottom of the page to explore more about ISMS’ work in Springfield.
ISMS advocacy for Illinois physicians at the House Health Care Licensing Committee! “ISMS strongly supports efforts that reduces barriers that may prevent Illinois from recruiting and retaining a sufficient robust physician work force.” pic.twitter.com/1UydIsoEJZ— ISMSLegislative (@ISMSLegislative) September 28, 2023
2023 Legislative Priorities
As a physician-led organization, our members (you) influence the positions ISMS takes on legislation. Our team of lobbyists and experienced staff advocate for you in Springfield, but nothing is more powerful in the eyes of legislators than you communicating your experiences as a member of ISMS. This is how ISMS is advocating on your behalf this year:
- Working with insurance companies to increase patient access to care
- Rejecting proposed legislative and regulatory mandates
- Expanding access to care, including to specialists, for patients with Medicaid – medical reimbursement increases are critical to accomplish this goal
- Developing, supporting and promoting programs to make Illinois a desirable location to practice medicine
- Preserving the role of physicians as leaders of the healthcare team
- Opposing ANY new mandates for physicians