Women Physicians' Hub
The Illinois State Medical Society is proud to support women in medicine.
ISMS’ Women’s Committee has identified the following resources to help inspire and assist your professional development and advancement. These resources cover issues such as the gender pay gap, skill building, developing and using your colleague network, wages, and navigating parenthood.
Check out these resources:
- Personal Finance, Secondary Income Sources, and How to Maximize Your Wages in a Negotiation
- Habits vs. Goals: A Look at the Benefits of a Systematic Approach to Life
- Saturday Morning Rounds - On Listening
- A Gender Divide on Microaggressions in Medicine
- 7 Tips for Staying Sane as a Physician Parent
- How Residents Who Gave Birth Navigate Postgrad Training and Motherhood
- Closing the Health Care Connection Gap
- Video -- Women in Medicine: Mayo Clinic Radio
- Video -- FemInEM Lecture Series: Being a Champion of Change featuring Drs. Esther Choo, Michael Gisondi and Adam Brown
- Women in Medicine Speaker’s Bureau
ISMS Resources for Contracts and Negotiations:
- An Outline of terms of Employment Agreements
- Contracting Tips: Financial Incentives
- Escaping the Contract of doom
- Fairness in Contracting
- Restrictive Covenants in Physician Employment Agreements
Please note: These resources are for education purposes only.