About ISMS Education
A core benefit for Illinois State Medical Society members is access to our popular webinar series and on-demand CME offerings.
ISMS members and their staff can sign up for ISMS-provided webinars as a benefit of membership. Live webinars are hosted on an ongoing basis and on-demand CME courses can be accessed 24/7.
ISMS’s educational offerings have expanded to include courses on:
- Opioid Prescribing
- Medicare and Medicaid Changes
- Physician Health and Wellness
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Public Health Issues and Regulatory Guidance
- Practice Management
- Leadership Development
All of these offerings are complimentary for ISMS members as a benefit of membership. Non-member physicians and clinical staff are able to take each on-demand course for a small, per course fee.
ISMS Offers Members No Cost CME to Fulfill Illinois Mandates
As an ISMS member, you have complimentary access to more than 50 online courses. This includes coursework that meets all of the requirements for State of Illinois-mandated CME hours, such as:
Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (Physicians must complete 1 CME hour for re-licensure)
Please note the state has identified specific elements that must be addressed in the sexual harassment training courses. ISMS' programs include the required elements.
- #MeToo and Medicine: Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Illinois Docs
- Sexual Misconduct in the Medical Setting, Part 1: Among Colleagues
- Sexual Misconduct in the Medical Setting, Part 2: Defining Boundaries in the Clinician-Patient Relationship
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention Training for Medical Professionals
Opioids (Physicians must complete 3 CME hours when renewing a controlled substance license)
- A Guide to New Opioid Prescribing Rules: An Update from the IDFPR
- The Opioid Alternative Pilot Program
- Pain Management and Opioids: Balancing Risks and Benefits
- Opioids: Best Practices, Overdose Risk Factors, and Naloxone Co-Prescribing
- The Illinois Prescription Monitoring Program | Illinois State Medical Society
- E-Prescribing: An Important Part of Medication Safety
- Treating Chronic Pain without Opioids
ISMS is currently developing training on implicit bias in health care and recognizing the signs of dementia. These are new mandates enacted in 2021. Watch for new courses in these areas in 2022.
Many of the live webinars and on-demand courses offered by ISMS provide CME credit. If you require a CME transcript of activities you have completed through ISMS, please complete the form below: